Wednesday, May 25, 2011

thought for today

yes, it would be correct to say i had a bad day the day i wrote the last post. since then i have shared the comings and goings with those who can advise and who care. i know i will be fine, no matter what. today is a new day. i have but to open my eyes to see the blessings of this day. this morning my heart was speaking "thank you for this day. let me use it wisely. give me the chance to do good things. give me the strength to speak the words i need to speak. remind me of the knowledge that i am never alone."
thank you for reminding me. i have some wonderful quotes on this place and far too often, i do not use them myself. today, i will. and tomorrow, i will. and the next day and the day after that as well. an end is also a beginning. perhaps the only way you would've gone down the road you're on now is through an ending of some form or fashion. what has happened is behind, in the past, finished. one cannot go back and change it, but what we can do is change our reaction to it. when a door closes, seek the window.
i am calm and at peace in the knowledge that whatever new beginnings come my way, it is just a chance to explore a different path of life that perhaps i hadn't charted out for myself. i have learned through the years that sometimes, those paths bring the biggest blessings. as one thing is released, so we reach for another.
my studio boxes are mostly still packed up....the space i once claimed as my own, still stark and empty. but i see beautiful things ahead, a path to follow. a workspace with much light, away from the busy-ness of the street....small, but comfortable. mine. change has been coming for some time, the path charted for a while...i just didn't see it till i rounded that big curve in the road. and the whispered reassurance..."never fear. never give up. all will be well. I am here, as I always have been." i can breathe deeply and move forward in that knowledge.
"change" doesn't have to be a bad word....it can be a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment