Wednesday, August 31, 2011

hello

it's nearing the end of summer, and since my last post was on my birthday in july, perhaps it is a good idea to update. that should make this quite a short post. :)
i am personally very glad the end is coming to this summer that has been, to put it mildly, difficult. i won't elaborate...just know that i am ever-so-determinedly looking ahead to better times. i see autumn as a time of change...and that will be most welcome.
the summer here has been dry...so very dry....with not much coming from dad's garden, and that disappoints me. my herbs have done pretty well because i planted them in pots and watered them. last night i fixed my favorite carrot recipe, with garlic, butter, lemon juice and fresh basil...it is sooo good! but no squash or eggplant this year, no okra, not as many tomatoes....i do have to say, my trips to the farmers markets have been good! i suppose the thing to do is think of fall crops and keep my fingers crossed. there are quite a number of things i'm keeping my fingers crossed about regarding the coming of fall. a time of changes.....sure enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment