Thursday, July 30, 2009

Well hello! I was told a few days ago that someone actually looks in on this place to see if I've left anything new....so I suppose it's time to do something here. I look back on the last post I did and see it was in May. That was a long....LONG time ago. Without going into more details than most would be interested in, just suffice to say much happened in the time I was away. Well....not away in the sense as in "gone somewhere", but away as in....not posting here for a while. You understand...And honestly, I really would prefer to skip the details of the past few months....it hasn't been good. And now? Well, now it's time to start paddling through this river of life once again. ...especially since I didn't drown when life gave me a big dunk in early June. But enough of that...."move on" you say? I agree...totally...yes, siree, let's move on!
I found a really cool quote today that I feel is quite appropriate for me lately. It is from E.B.White....you know, the Charlotte's Web guy. It is this:
"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." So true. That's not to say one can't do both...
Philosophically speaking, if we did something to improve the world, wouldn't that, in turn, make it more enjoyable for us? Today, I made cookies. I know that makes MY world better, and since I enjoy it, (both the baking part and the eating part!) then I think I've accomplished both...for today anyway! Just throwing that out for contemplation.....have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment