Friday, August 14, 2009

For once, I actually have things to say....things of meaning and substance, I think. Today is my Mom's birthday. It was always easy to remember her age because she was exactly 20 years older than me. She would be 73 today.....and I don't really care if that means you know how old I am now...age has never been an issue for me. I have many emotions on this day. I am trying to keep uppermost in my mind that above all, Mom has no pain on her birthday. We would wish that for her more than anything. She is in a place where there is no pain, a place where she is with all those she loved, who she hasn't spent a birthday with in such a long time and she is rejoicing with them on this day. It is a place where I cannot see her or hear her or touch her, but I know she is having a wonderful day.....and I know deep down that she would want us to do the same. She would want us to remember....and smile. So I wish for her to enjoy the time with those who were waiting on her....those who were here before...those she missed and can spend time with now. I could wish nothing more for her on this day. Happy Birthday Mom! Loving you....always and forever......

No comments:

Post a Comment