Thursday, August 20, 2009

There's this song in my head......

I'm sure this has happened to you....you hear this song and it just keeps rolling around in your head. The lyrics...the melody...the context of where/how you heard it. Well, this week I watched the movie "It Could Happen to You." You know.....the cop, the waitress, the lottery ticket...the story with the happy ending. And that Frank Sinatra song has been in my head ever since..."Fairy tales can come true, it could happen to you, if you're young at heart......" and so on. Good thing I really like that song. But it just keeps going on and on....
I had planned to watch "Mama Mia" this week, too, but I'm just not sure I can handle ABBA songs running around in my head for a week!
In addition to the song...there's a funny (as in odd, strange....not haha) recurring message that's been popping up in multiple places this week. The song kind of relates to it, but the message is in the form of a question posed to me by 2 different people who don't even know the other one asked. "Are you happy? Really? Are you doing what your heart desires?" It's making me think...about how, exactly, I should/would/could answer. Perhaps it's time to take baby steps...outside the box.....to re-claim dreams that for a while were packed up and put away...hmmm. Do you need to do the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment